The Crown Jewel of Bastrop County! This historic Queen Victorian treasure has been meticulously restored and is waiting for her new owners to continue the tradition of preserving the history of this special estate. Captain and Mrs. B. D. Orgain built and occupied this elegant residence in 1888 and it was the center for social and cultural gatherings in Bastrop. It was recognized in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and the Texas Historical Commission in 1981. The home includes 5 bedrooms, one on the main level and 4 on the second level. There are 5.5 baths. The main home is 6251sf per floor plan. The original music room has been converted to an office/library and the parlor now serves as the living room. The spacious dining room is ideal for large family gatherings or entertaining. The kitchen has been modernized with granite counters, Viking appliances, an abundance of cabinets, and a center island with a gas cook-top. The breakfast area accommodates a large farm table and is the perfect gathering place. It features a double-sided fireplace which also opens to the family room. An antique English bar and the stained glass back door are the focal points of this room. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, sprinkled with crape myrtles and towering pecan trees provide shade and seasonal pecans! Enjoy the sparkling swimming pool, spa, and outdoor kitchen with access from an inviting screened porch. Two detached cottages (1494sf per floor plan) provide additional space for multi-generational families, guests or may be used for rental income. Both have living areas, kitchens and are configured with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, and 2 bedrooms, 2 baths respectively. A stroll from downtown Bastrop!